Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday...insane but alive





Dad's doomsday sermons are driving me insane. He's taking a poll: "Do you think Bush will be impeached?"

No one directly answers his question. A Poll with no Results... lol

The panic over gas seems to be over, though now most stations are out of regular gas. Here's a story about it: Gas

I didn't rush to the station yesterday, but while I out on a luncheon date, I decided to top off my tank (the gauge said I had over half a tank). There was no waiting but all the tanks had a sign that said "out of regular gas." I spent $20 and got 5.58 gallons of gas!

One thing I noticed was that the roads were full of holiday travelers: cars with surfboards on them, campers, out-of-state license plates... and when I crossed over I-95 it was beaming with cars heading in both directions.

My luncheon date was ok. It was with David. In my old age, I've learned to hear as well as listen. We laughed a lot. I stayed alert though, even if he charmed me. One thing he said while discussing a mutual friend who stalked an ex-boyfriend..."I get psychotic over a woman but not that bad." I noticed a tightening of his brow.

He said a few things about his ex-girlfriend, whom he lived with for 8 years. Most were asides, but I counted the number of times he brought her or the relationship up: 6 times in a span of 45 mins. Issues... he has a few.

I kept my side of the conversation light, never mentioned any past relationships. I mentioned Al once, but it was in answer to a question David asked about the sports bar we all hung out at in 96. It's good to discuss past relationships but not on the first 'date.' (I'll cover more on this in my single and 40 blog later today).

As for what may happen... I'm not even thinking about it. If we go out some, I'll keep it light and won't get entangled with his issues. He has to sort them, not me. I'm not a Knight-ette in Shining Breast Armour. I'm a Goddess of Love, baby.

No comments: