Saturday, January 15, 2005

a Sher Mix




I'm a member of a survey site that offers napster downloads as a reward. I hit the mother-load the other week and got to download 15 songs. I decided to download some I don't have on CD... songs you like but don't like enough... I picked my favorite radio songs. Here they are and why I find them so special.

1) Alone Again by Dokken
Rafters...was...the best bar in G-ville with the best DJ. But that's not why I like the song. It's the perfect heavy metal ballad complete with guitar riff.

2) Touch me in the Morning By Diana Ross
Her voice is so sublime. Plus I can sing this song really well without being embarrassed if caught. I love the line "we see how love can grow, now we'll see how it dies."

3) Tiny Dancer by Elton John
Always has been my favorite EJ song. The movie Almost Famous punctuated how easy it is to get lost in sing-a-long heaven with Elton.

4) Patience by Guns & Roses
I wish I could whistle like Axil. No one is perfect. When two imperfect people get together--love won't be either. We all need just a little patience with love. It's all I ask for.

5) Hard Luck Woman by Kiss
Paul Stanley--sexy man...makeup and all. This song makes me think of men who love but are so afraid of it...they have to run.

6) Push by Matchbox 20
Allen. This song is all Allen.

7) Little Red Corvette by Prince
I love Prince. This is my favorite song by him. Mainly because it reminds me of my days in college at ECU. Plus I love how he dances in the video. lol "love'em and leave'em fast, baby."

8) Nothing Compares to You by Prince
I love this song...Prince's version is my favorite. He jazzes it up and it doesn't whine like Sinead's version does. When you really love someone, nothing or nobody compares to them.

9) Oh Shelia by Ready for the World
Geat driving/dancing song. Plus I love to get down to some nasty belly dancing with it.

10) Let the Music Play by Shannon
Another ECU song. Used to dance to this at the old Elbo Room. Burned the floor for hours dancing.

11) Wishing Well by Terence Trent D'Arby
Gotta love the 80's. When I hear this song, I think of my roommate Jeri and I watching the video, arguing about who would get to fuck him first and then laughing at each other as we try to dance like he did...hair swishes and all.

These last four are my all time favorites:

12) Love Shack by The B-52's
Bang bang on the door baby.... The weekend before Susie (Banshee) got married, a bunch of us girls took her out to all the bars in Fayetteville. In everyone, she requested this song and we danced. So here's to Susie... Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin Roooooooooooofffffff Ruuuuuuuuuuuussssssted.

13) She talks to Angels by The Black Crowes
I think this song was written about me. It's my number one all time favorite song.

14) Unpretty by TLC
Everyone feels insecure. But this song is liberating.

15) Drops of Jupiter by Train
Dancing across the milkway to find myself... what a thought!



No comments: