Friday, January 07, 2005

I had big plans today to write with brilliant insights into my soul but that hasn't been the case today. My mind flits over short topics and my fingers find the keyboard to be short on words. The way to dusty death... this is the first new year where I haven't felt unsettled or on the verge of feeling as if I'm slowly going into insanity--ok that's a strong word, but its what my fingers typed--I don't know what this year will hold for me, but I have no fear.

Used to ...little things made me worry. Little things I couldn't control.. things others did would make me worry... make me wonder if I've done something wrong or if I'm not being as good a friend as I can be... etc.

But now its like... fuck it. I know I'm a good friend. I know I'm a good daughter or sister or aunt. I always give 100% and then some... if someone doesn't realize how much I do for them or just how good a friend I really am...that's their loss. They shouldn't under estimate me or the power of me.

I will continue on this path of myself that I've discovered. Be the person I am... honest, reflective and happy...a woman who is confident with her own sexuality and not afraid to discuss it... a writer/poet who has the gift of words and the miracle of being able to express myself with candor.

2 comments:

sarah hb said...

:) Sounds good to me. You go girl! :D Btw, can your poetry be bought in UK bookshops or will I have to order online? Also.... what is your name? I don't know what poet to ask for in bookshops.

Painter Lady said...

My name is Sherrie and I'll check to see if my book will be available in the UK.