Friday, January 14, 2005

Late introductions are better than none...



Always life seems to have been made up of words and colors for me. I tend to get lost in both. There are times when I think too much and times when I feel too deeply. As private as these times are, I still want to express them, even when they don't matter to anyone else or if they make sense or not.

If you are reading this now, well congrats for finding me and welcome to my rabid writing. Have you been vaccinated? I hope so. I guess I should say something profound about myself right now. Hmmm let me think... ok, here goes...I had a Strange Change machine when I was 4 years old. It featured the Lost World Dinosaurs. Telling my age now, but this was back in 1966. The animals or dinosaurs were made of plastic stuff, you squished them into a square with some kind of grip machine, then you put them in an oven and they popped back into shape. I did this over and over. To be honest, I am surprised that I didn't burn the house down or squish my fingers.

But I did learn something... no matter how many different ways you try to squish something into a square and no matter how many ways you try to get it back to shape... it never comes out exactly the same. So even when dealing with the familiar in life, it still hold some mystery.

No comments: