Monday, January 24, 2005

Another Weekend Bites the Dust

Is it me or is time flying?

Ended up watching a movie Saturday night--"White Noise." Went with my friend Doug. We were going to watch the Aviator but it didn't start til late and he had to work early Sunday morning. So we chose "White Noise" with Michael Keaton. Was pretty decent. It's about E.V.P (the dead sending messages via radio and television waves). I saw a few shows on the Sci Fi channel about it. At first I was skeptical about the movie as the credits rolled. I didn't recognize a single name other than Keaton's. But as the movie went along and the suspense built, my fears were removed. Poor Doug, he's such a chick. lol... he didn't like the suspense. He kept saying "This is killllllling me." On the way back to my house, we discussed 'supernatural' things. I tried not to say too much about what my real thoughts were on the subject. Not everyone is open-minded. As a person who grew up in a haunted house and who now works in a building that has many unexplained incidences, I am very open-minded and don't dismiss the subject.

He dropped me off at my house at 10. I was relieved that he went on home. I wasn't in the mood to make small talk about reality tv, hugh grant or chick movies. I put on my jammies and watched TV for a while.

Then Sunday I spent the day talking to some of my friends I haven't talked to in a while. When I found out Johnny Carson died, I was so sad. We have the same birthday --Oct. 23. He was the King of Late Night. I loved him. He kept me company many late nights as I studied for exams... some nights he was the last voice I heard before sleeping. When he retired from late night, I could never really get into the other guys like Leno. David Letterman comes close but still... he's no Johnny. So I spent a lot of the day, watching the news as they reported about Johnny and talked to his friends.

At nine, I watched Carnivale. I'm glad I stuck with it--the show has improved a lot. As it came on, I was microwaving some popcorn. It tends to leave a dark spot on the bottom of the microwave when it pops, so I've taken to putting a small plate under the bag. I didn't pay much attention to what plate I grabbed and it turned out to be one of the nephew's plastic plates with the Teletubbies on it. As the popcorn popped I stood in the doorway leading to the den where the tv was playing. The popping sounded violent but I figured it was because it was a good bag of popcorn. When it was done and I picked the plate up, it cracked. I killed the Teletubbies...now I'll have to run to the store after work and find a replacement.

I was torn about what to watch last night. Carnivale or Stephen King's new movie or the Dolphin Murders (it was on the discovery channel). I picked Carnivale and caught the second run of the Dolphin Murders at midnight. What a disturbing show! I may have to address it in a separate post.

Before I fell asleep last night, I had to try out my new vibes... heaven... orgasms are pieces of heaven I think.

No comments: