Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Georgia O'Keeffe

She's a famous artist. Deceased now. Her art is very exotic. And she's one of my favorite all time artists of old. Recently I came across a quote from her.

"I hate flowers--I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't
move."
--Georiga O'Keeffe, productive painter into her nineties.


What??? Hate Flowers??? How could she have painted something so exotic, so sexual as flowers and hate them. Some people say that her some of her floral art looks like a woman's maidenhood (clit and vagina). I have to agree. There is something very sexy about her flowers. I think of women when I see them--not because they are feminine flowers but because of the suggestiveness of the art--that maybe my cunt is as exotic as a flower is beautiful.

No comments: