Monday, January 31, 2005

Last day of January 2005

What a cold month! How time is flying by!

My weekend was nice. Went to a Gala and danced until I broke the strap on my heel. What a bummer! I was getting down to the funky sound. I limped over to my date---my friend Wes to see when we were leaving. (I had driven over to his house which was better than meeting him at the dance). He told me to take my shoes off and dance some more since my dance card was still full. lol... so I did. We left late. Neither of us got lucky. lol

One thing about ole Wes---he says that he likes to take me to social functions because as a friend, I am easy to talk to, always dressed to kill, never demanding and I don't care if he talks to other women. And too, he can use me as an excuse to get out of situations that one can find themselves in at the most inappropriate time. I laugh at that one! Most men love 'those' type of situations.

But I had fun. It is always nice to dance the night away. I even danced with the downtown dickhead.

Saturday I didn't work long. It was cold and we were expecting severe weather. I had plans to go to the beach overnight with a girlfriend. She and another friend of hers were supposed to go but the friend had to cancel. So I was asked. With the weather being so flaky and the chance of sleet and ice, I called and cancelled too.

But as luck would have it, we never got bad weather. Rain and some ice but not any crippling. I ended up at the sports bar, playing some pool and hanging out at the bar talking to some old friends who I haven't seen in ages. Had a long conversation with a couple of young women about love. Both were under 25 and had just broken up with their boyfriends and were out trying to cheer each other up. They sat at the bar close to me and one of them asked, "Do you have any advice on men? Do they get better as they age? Or are we doomed to keep experiencing heartache.?"

I didn't know how to answer them. And my heart went out to them. Both are pretty girls and I know that they will have to learn their own lessons about love.

So I said, "No, they don't get better with age. The only advice I can give is to learn from your heartache and don't put so much expectations on men. Find out who you are, stay true to yourself and remember that love sometimes isn't enough. "

Probably not what they wanted to hear...but that's all I had time to say. Maybe I should give lectures ...lol

No comments: