Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Quirk # 19

We all have little quirks. It’s what makes us special-unique-our own person. Quirks endear people to me. I always admire a person who admits they have them and thus, wear them proudly. I have been told I have plenty. I confess I do.

My Quirk # 19 is using the fortunes out of Fortune cookies as bookmarks. I’ve been doing it for 20 years now. My bedside table is a catchall for stuff that’s in my pockets. I’m sure that’s how it started…I looked for something on my bedside table to tag my spot in a novel and there was a fortune.

They are perfect to use. Not to bulky and very discreet. I don’t like to dog-ear my books. It makes it confusing when I go back to re-read them later.

What’s funny about this habit is that I won’t use another person’s fortune. It has to be mine!

No comments: