Monday, January 03, 2005

The first few steps of 2005

Ten years ago this month, Charles and I broke up. It seems longer than that! I'm in such a better place now--mentally and spiritually. It's amazing to me how much a person can grow from experiences. I think sometimes how lucky I was to finally break free...to think I almost married that guy. I bet I would be another statistic of divorce too.

In March, it will be 10 years ago that I met Al... and I think I won't be looking back with remorse on that situation either.

Time has a way of making us who we are, whether we want it too or not. I am so proud of myself. Its the first time in many years where I didn't have a regret or a sorrow that kept me looking back. Today I stand tall, looking forward to the new year and all the joys and discoveries its going to toss me.

No comments: