Monday, January 31, 2005

2 songs I heard today

I heard two songs today that made me smile.

The first was "You're 16"... the song by Johnny Burnette that Ringo Starr remade in 1974. I heard it on the way to work. The oldies station played it. I remember a guy in my geometry class singing that song to me when I turned 16 in 78. His name was Dwayne and he used to tease me and another girl who was sooo shy. I think he liked the way our cheeks blushed. He was the same guy who told me and my friend Lisa that "Friday the 13th" was a comedy. We listened to him and to our horror... pun intended ...it was a horror flick. I didn't sleep that night and was afraid that a body would fly through my window for weeks.

The second song was "Mony Mony"... sung by Billy Idol. I was driving over to the post office at 2 and it popped on the radio. Jeff Diamond played it at Rafters and the whole bar would go wild. I had a flashback of Michelob Lite and Foosball!

No comments: