Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year's Eve

My plan was to go to Wilson to a party until the hostess told me she had a 'special guy' she wanted me to meet! No thanks...our tastes in men run on different tracks. I made up an excuse and took my second option--going to a party at the Oaks with two of my other girlfriends. Their boyfriends are soldiers stationed at Fort Bragg and they couldn't make it to the party. So we went 'stag' or it that 'doe.'

I wore a silver and black dress with spaghetti straps. It fell just above my knees. But I wore sensible heels--2 inch black pumps. And stockings--the kind that have the lace at the top. The other girls wore pants!!!! I'm like ... hey show off those legs.

The party had many singles. I was suprised at the people who chose not to bring a date. But in a way it made it more fun. Wasn't familiar with the band that played. They pounded out beach music tunes and other oldies. I danced a lot, mainly shagged. (Shagging in NC means dancing, Sara...lol). And at midnight, I excused myself and ran to the ladies room--mainly because a guy I don't care much for had decided he was going to be my 'midnight kisser.'

I got home around 1 am. Lipstick still in place... no imprints left behind lol.

No comments: