Monday, January 17, 2005

Hmmm

........guess I should do a little updating on what I've been up too lately.

Still trying to get rid of this congestion from when I was sick last week. So far it's winning. That's what I hate about respiratory illnesses--they have lingering effects on my lungs. Give me an average cold any day.

My private belly dance class is going okay. It's strange not having others working along side me. I have to get used to the undivided attention that my instructor Barbara gives me. We worked on my body undulations--- especially the rib circles. I was sore until the weekend. Isolating parts of the body and getting them to work in unusual fashions is very hard. It takes a lot of concentration. I think this week we're going to work on more rib and chest moves. I am skipping the aerobic belly dance class. I was getting burned out on it. There's a hip-hop fat buring class that's starting next week on Mondays or Thursdays. I think I might try it out. Give me a little variety in my exercise routine.

Work is going ok. We're slower than usual in the photography department. Its weird how that goes. Some weeks we are booming and others we are so slow dad starts getting worried. He's booked a ton of spring weddings so he's a little happier. I seem to always work daily. And we don't advertise my department. Most of my customers are referred to me. I like that. It gives me the best feedback. And I'm proud knowing I satisfy most of my customers.

The review I wrote about the "Belly Dance for Wimps" DVD is now on Amazon.com. lol... I am a critic. Click here Review

My poetry book is at press as I write this. Once its available for pre-ordering I'll post the info here. I came up with the name of my third poetry book "Dancing in Blue." I thought...why stop at two books...go for 3.

Nothing new on the romance scene. But then I'm not looking. I'm too set in my ways for an everyday romance. I've gotten used to going where I want to, when I want to... and enjoying the view. One of my gal friends told me I was going to end up an old maid. Maybe so...but at least I'll be happy. Been asked to the Chamber of Commerce Gala on Jan 28. Its at the Country Club. Goldrush is playing. I should go. Its usually fun. But I don't particularly like the guy who asked me. He's a court house guy..works in the tax department. Kinda a playboy. I think he must be out of new women to chase and somehow I fell on his radar.

William's birthday party was yesterday. He's getting so big... 6 now. At the end of the day, he was holding my hand and smiling. I asked if he had fun. He said, "I'm happy, Aunt Sherrie."

I smiled back. I know the feeling.



No comments: