Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Back in the Saddle

My weekend was really relaxing. Al got off at 7 Friday and we grilled steaks. He didn't have to go in to work until 1 pm Saturday... so we had a nice breakfast/lunch and off he went. I worked on my little table...sanding the old paint off and filing down the bumps. In between breaks I watched Monster Quest on the History channel.. I do love that show. They had a marathon running..and I had seen a few of the shows, so during those I went back to sanding my table. One of the neighbors that lives across the street and two houses over always has 'suspicious' activity going on...so while spying on them, I didn't pay attention to what side of the sanding paper I had down on the surface of the table and started to sand.... my index finger...not the table... have a rather nasty sore over the first knuckle. I washed it with soap, then pour peroxide over it...trying to get all the sand granules out of the wound...it pretty much kept me from doing much else...

like working on a tattoo design for a friend of mine... he's not getting the tattoo until the fall but I wanted to get it done before then, so I can move on to other stuff..

We had a lot of rain over the weekend and I had to wait for a storm to blow over before going to the store to get stuff for supper... I spent about an hour and half in Wal-mart. What's up with that place...I swear it sucks you right in and you've spent more than you planned too...

I cooked some excellent meals this weekend... and enjoyed Al's charming company. It was great and I had a hard time leaving him yesterday...

No comments: