Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today... tomorrow...or not

William is here tonight. We worked on homework and his oral project on Babe Ruth. He thought he should talk in a deep voice which came out sounding like a bad hillbilly movie, so I had him axe that idea. He asked me what I was going to do while he was sleeping. I said, "Read an unwritten story. "

Hopefully trying to figure that one out will get him to sleep quickly.

It was one of those days today that was strange. I had to run some errands this morning and they went ok. Then Al showed up at around 11:30 and we had an early lunch. I went with him to the courthouse to get his passport application sent off...and when I went through the metal detectors I sent them off... I had removed everything from my coat and my jeans' pocket. They kept scanning me with that handheld thingie and I kept sending off alarms. For a moment I thought the two guards--beefy black females were gonna do a cavity search, until I searched my coat pockets again and...bingo... I found a penny wedged in a corner of a pocket. Now how can a penny send the metal detectors in a turmoil? Al went through it with a pen in his coat pocket and the damn thing didn't go off.

I confess it was nice to see Al. I've missed him these last few weeks. Think I'll leave work early Friday and drive up to Fayetteville for the weekend. Maybe we can find some quality time together. Talk about our future...whether he wants to or not. This celibacy thing isn't working too well for me... I think he should know this, don't you?

Since I've been home on Sunday evenings these past 3 or so weeks, I've been watching supernatural shows on the Bio channel. Which have gotten me to think about how I've had so many experiences...so this afternoon at work I wrote a very long essay on these thoughts... I wrote it in my word program. Then went online to paste it at myspace first...then here...and guess what? My computer crashed... I lost the article. Now I don't know if it will be recovered when I log back into MicroWord...should be interesting to see if it does. Do I read anything into this? No...just a ususal PC crash that happens nearly every working day.

No comments: