Friday, January 25, 2008

TGIF

For such a short work week, it's been a killer. I am current on my work, meaning that I don't have to meet any major deadlines until Feb. 9.

Al started a new job this week, working at the Food Lion Distribution center in Dunn, NC. It's about an hr drive round trip (I was wrong in an earlier post..it's not an hour away for him...for me it is.) He's working 3rd shift--7 days, off 2, then 7 days off 4...something like that. He hates it but right now the Direct TV installations are slow and his lawn care work is nil, so he has to do something to make ends meet. The pay is good but the work is hard.

It will take a while to adjust to not spending as much time with him on the weekends when he has to work. I told him I would come up and just be there while he sleeps and is at work. Don't know how it will feel being alone in the house at night. Just me and Slick the cat. His PC is up but he's not online. Maybe I'll take a few of my stories to edit or just do some writing.

There's been some conflict between Al and me. So far we've come to common grounds on it. I've decided not to worry too much... things tend to work out for the best and all I know to do is follow my heart. We've just passed the 2 yr milestone...and this year is gonna be our break it or make it year... Im taking a 'wait and see' approach, mainly because he's asked me to be patient with him. Those of you who really know me, know that I am the most patient person in the universe.

Talked to Sam aka Blue last night for a very long time...he's got a novel in his head too. We talked about it extensively ...he's asked me to help... I said I would. He's like I am... writes it in his head and feels overwhelmed to put it to paper. My newest novel is still there...in my noggin waiting to fly off my fingers, unto the keyboard and into a word program...lol...

Tonight I have the nephews. Ben has asked me to play Tater Head with him (Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head toys). I said I would. I had a Mr. Potato Head when I was a kid. And what fun it was! Still is, though Mrs. Potato Head doesn't have as many cool things to wear.

I have a gift card to Victoria's Secret... so you know where I'll be Sunday after lunch. ;)

Have a great weekend, peeps.

No comments: