Monday, August 04, 2008

Oh the joys of Monday

These past few days have flown by with all the stress and turmoil that August brings! There are a few things I want to blog about but that will take time and I want to 'right' everything 'write.'

Weekend was ok. Spent a lot of time doing chores, shopping for school stuff for the boys (I always contribute) and thinking about where I want to go next.

The road of life is never easy and sometimes there are so many paths to choose from that one doesn't move at all. That's how I've felt lately. And with Al... I don't know what's going to happen. But I do know him very well...and whatever plans he 'wants' for us, he won't tell me until he's gotten it down in him mind and ... for a while I thought it would be too late.

I've expressed many displeasures of late... about a lot of things... and his response is to either ignore things or hug me and tell me I'm wonderful. Well, I already know that!!!! So I decided not to worry about it anymore...and let God take care of things. That I should concentrate on me and what I want for now...

and that's to begin a career to supplement my restorations... so Aug 20, I'm going to take an online class about starting a publishing company. It's a 6-week class and I do it online. Highly interactive but with Al having roadrunner I will be able to work on it during the weekend.

The next thing I want to do is to take either a grant writing class or a class that tells you how to start a non-profit organization. I've been toying with the idea to start something in the humanities field, like an artist guild that focuses on mentoring upcoming artists or a writers association focusing on the local and surrounding areas here in L'ton. I guess I need to think about this more...and concentrate on getting through my first class.

But those are just ideas I'm tossing around. Another subject that caught my eye was learning Braille and then transferring written words to Braille for the Blind to read. Yes, I want to experience something unique and different from what the local job market has in stock for me.

We all need to dream and to explore the dreams we have... (except the Zombie dreams I keep having) and to at least see if they are obtainable enough to make the dream a reality.

No comments: