Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ketchup

I decided to take a few moments to catch the blog up a wee bit.

Last Saturday: Mailed the reunion letters. Then worked a while and then drove over to the beach house where we plan to have the reunion. It's very nice and I was surprised. In fact it's away from the main office and parking lot, so it's more private than I thought. I then drove to Fayetteville, where I stopped off for ingredients for spaghetti and took a chill. My friend Michele wanted to get together but she didn't give me plenty of notice, so we thought we would try for some shopping time Sunday. Al got home at around 10 and was exhausted. He had insomnia the night before and didn't sleep. I put him to bed at midnight and he snored so loudly I slept on the couch until 6 am.

Sunday: Was a weird day. It rained...lots and I didn't get up until 11 am. I felt groggy from lack of sleep and was in a 'clutzy' mood. First I locked myself in Al's garage. I forgot to unlock the door that opens into it ...and promptly closed it behind me so the cat wouldn't get out. I put a load of towels in the wash and then tried to get back in the house... locked tight! Me in bare feet at that! The crazy thing is that Al had fixed the garage door but I forgot about it. All I had to do was uplock it and pull the rope to open it. But all I could think of was that I was stuck inside and no way to get out until Al returned home at 8 pm. (It was 1)...Then I remembered the side door that sticks. The only way to open it is to kick it at the bottom. And I'll say this...it kills when you use bare feet. I searched the garage for something to bang at the door with...and found a pair of size 11 steel-toed boots...and it worked. I was free... so I went around to the front door, found the hidden key and let myself in. (I didn't tell Al about my adventure).

Later that day I drove to the grocery store to pick up some items. As I got back home Al called...we chatted as I got out. I took my bags inside after locking the door... about ten mins later I returned to get a small bag I left inside the truck when I saw...my truck keys sitting pretty on my seat. And the door locked semi-tight... it didn't close all the way but the lock caught. So I broke 3 wire clothes hangers and tried to get the lock open but it didn't work... I called Al at work so he would be prepared to help me get it open or drive me back to Lumberton to retrieve the spare set.... I got a big lecture on how he's told me 5 times to get a hide-a-key for the truck... we drove to Lumberton, I got the extra set of keys and he promptly drove to Walmart to buy me a hide-a-key.

But on the bright side, I did cook a supper meal later.

Monday: Work. Home. Slept.

Tuesday: Had William with me all day at work. My brother had to work at his job, so I said Will could come with me. He explored the upstairs and hung out with Dad some. That night I had to babysit both nephews while my sister and mom had open house at the daycare. We did art and after they left I worked on the reunion plans.


Yesterday:
Worked. Then went home and we had Mom's birthday dinner a day early. Chicken and other stuff. It was good eats. I couldn't sleep and read until 3 am. I had taken a night-time sinus med but it didn't kick in until the moment I tried to wake up.

Today:
So today has been a sleepy day. Not got much done...just dozing at the computer. I haven't heard from any of my classmates. I've called a few and they all are excited. I guess I should take time next week to call the ones I sent letters too...maybe the personal touch is what they require. Tonight when I get home I plan to do laundry and go to bed extra early.

Tomorrows a new day.

No comments: