Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Old Friends

An old college friend found me online this week. She did a search and there I was. It was great to hear from her and we are still sending emails back and forth, catching up on things.

Ever since I started going through my high school yearbooks writing down classmates' names, I began to think about the old friendships I had then and how only one or two have remained. Reading the inscriptions made by friends in my yearbooks made me smile and feel sat at the same time. "I'll never forget you" and "We'll be friends forever" were in almost every message and I realized this: We might not forget each other but we won't be friends forever.

Growing apart from those old days is a part of life...friendships grow and ebb like the tides. I believe each one imprints on who we are and I'm thankful for all the friends I've made in life and online.

No comments: