Monday, August 25, 2008

Rainy day

We've got scattered showers and cloudiness...the sun is trying to peek through the clouds but it gets a head-butt each time it tries.

I'm feeling 100% better today. I took a very long nap yesterday and when I woke, I knew that whatever had a hold of my head was gone.

Al and I had a nice dinner and then watched some movies on Showtime. The last one was Rocky--the recent movie. I actually enjoyed it--except when Rocky and the young boxer guy were killing each other with those punches.

After the movie was over, Al and I were watching something... I can't remember what but I suddenly remembered an article in the Fay O paper about a couple getting married at the Fayetteville drag strip. I mentioned it to him and then asked, "Do you ever think about what kind of wedding we'll have?"

It was innocent ..the question but on my mind in a heavy way. He took my right leg on put it over his left leg...rubbed up and down my leg and said, "Sure I think about it. But I'll leave it (the planning) up to you."

I didn't jump on his comment with all sorts of questions or comments, because I didn't want to scare him. So instead I said, "Oh no...you'll be involved too. Besides it's not how we get married that a wedding is all about...it's the marriage vows that really count. Because that day will be very special."

He leaned over and kissed me...then said. "yes it will."

After a few moments of silence, I said, "Plus I want a looOoooong engagement."

He smiled again and kissed me even more deeply.

There are days when I am biting at the bit, wanting to get married or engaged. But yesterday wasn't one of them. I know he is the one I want and the wait ....it will be worth it

No comments: