Thursday, March 27, 2008

painting ... Lady on a Fence



I did this painting a few years ago... still haven't framed it. When I was around 11 or so, my paternal Grandmother Leggett gave me a kit that had colored rocks and other things like waxed braid. It made a picture of a girl in pink with a big pink bonnet on her head, sitting on a fence. I wish I had it. For years it hung on the wall above Grandma's favorite chair. But in the last five years of her life, she took it down and put up a photo of John Wayne--her hero. I asked her where she put it but she didn't remember. After her death, I couldn't find it, so I'm assuming she accidentally threw it away or hid it so well no once could find it.

I painted this thinking of that little piece of rock art...wondering what the girl on the fence would look like today..and ... here she is.

No comments: