Monday, October 01, 2007

October Begins

I loooove this time of year. Cool at night, warm during the day!

My weekend wasn't that bad. Drove over to Al's Saturday afternoon. He had to work until about 7:00 pm. I think I got there at 4:30. So I went to the grocery store and encountered racism. But that's for another post. For some crazy reason I was in a cooking mood, so I looked up some recipes I've been wanting to try, wrote down the ingredients and went to the store.

And boy, I did ever manage some excellent cooking. Friday night, we had kiwi chicken, curried rice and lentils and a salad made with iceburg lettuce, avocoda slices, shrooms, tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese. I even created an Asian flavored dressing. For dessert, we had raspberry chocolate brownies.

Al loved it. We turned in early, because he had to work yesterday. I slept in a bit, and would have slept longer but the durn cat kept jumping on me. She's so spoiled. All she wanted was for me to fetch her balls.

For Sunday's dinner, I tossed together a burgandy beef recipe for the slow cooker. The beef was so tender that you could cut it with a fork. It was served over elbow noodles. I whipped up some steamed brocolli and another salad. It so turns me on when Al makes all these yummy sounds when he's devouring the meals I make.

He got home around 4 and we watched part of the Panthers game. What the heck has happened to them??? I swear they are pretending to play football. They've got the talent to win. I just don't know. It's disheartening to watch. I actually took a long nap after half-time.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Wow, awesome menu this past weekend... I think you need to do a cooking blog! :D

Painter Lady said...

That's an idea! Cook up a cooking blog!;)