Wednesday, September 26, 2007

oh....

(singing off-key)

1 2 3 4
I forgot what I came here for...

5 6 7 8
got to put my mind on straight...

Ohh...yea-heah
I came to blo-0og...

Ohh ...yea-heah
I'm slaughtering this song-ong

~~~~~~~

Now that I've got THAT out of my systm, on with the show. I spent the greater part of the morning at the eye doctor. It's been 4 years since my last visit and yes, I got chewed out about it, mainly because Glaucoma runs in our family and I have ocular hypertension (meaning high eye pressure ... 18 in my left, 20 in my right eye). So I had to go through loads of tests and I was amazed at how many new machines they have that do all the hard work for them.

Everything went peachy for a while. I need stronger bifocals, and my left eye hasn't changed any but my right eye has increased in near-sightedness while the stigmatism has decreased. I was sort of happy until Dr. Masters looked in my eyes with her bright light. I saw a change in her demeanor; she did a double-take with the light and then rushed out of the room to see if another maching (test) was available. She wanted "One more test, Sherrie and I promise that's it." So I did it and boy was it uncomfortable. I had to hold my eye open and not blink while a red light did an erotic dance across my pupils.

The end of it all... I could be developing angle closure glaucoma. My 'angle' is getting smaller which causes the fluid in my eye to build up and not drain. I have to go back next summer for testing and if the angle is smaller, I will have laser surgery immediately-- a small hole burned into my Iris.

I can't fuck around with this. It will cause blindness if I ignore it. She gave me some information on it and then sent me to the eyeglass room...where I promptly shelled out $500.

The price of vision... to me has no price, so I'm not gonna moan and gripe about all the money I spent.

Instead I'll sing....

1 2 3 4....

1 comment:

John said...

Yeah, my doctor said I can't be fuckin' around with this (looking at his hand) or I'll go blind too.