Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ben



Today is Little Bird's birthday. That's what I call Ben...Little Bird. His other nickname is "Ben Bug"...his first daycare teacher dubbed him that.

I spent most of the morning getting the house ready for the party. Wrapped presents--mine, mom's and my brother's. Even did a gag present... put a Super Mario t-shirt in the bottom of a Pink with White Polka dots gift bag..on top of that I put a doll that I recently purchased for a Christmas gift. Should be funny when he pulls the doll out. Will have to make sure I got the camera ready.

Tomorrow Lisa's tossing a party for him at the bowling alley. She's invited a few of his friends. I guess I'll pop in and take some photos. William is excited too. He asked if I would be his date for the party. I said sure.

The day Ben was born was only 3 days after 9/11. A horribly sad time. But we were all so happy that Ben was born. I remember feeling momentarily pangs of guilt for being so happy when the nation was mourning so many tragic losses.

He's our baby bird and I'm honored to watch him...

No comments: