Monday, November 07, 2005

Happy First Monday of Nov

Finally a moment of peace...so here I am...scribbling a quick post.

My weekend didn't work out as planned. Saturday at work, I was overwhelmed with some rush work. So I didn't get a chance to write on the novel.... nor boot-scoot around the internet.
When I got home, my family (mom, her John and sister & sons) were there...we decided to have a fish fry. My bro-in-law had been fishing at the beach the day or so before and caught a bunch of spots. Enough to feed all of us. It was actually fun. No big clash of wills in the kitchen. Everyone left at around 7 or so...except Mom who insisted she stay and help me clean up. By the time she was gone, I was too tired to get online and type, so I wrote my novel by hand...

Sunday, I went to Walmart-ville and got some items I needed that I can't find at my Ma and Pa grocery store. I made sure I was 'pretty' and not hiding under my "Boy George" hat (as Wes calls it). Didn't see one soul I knew...murphy's Law # 89.

Promised the nephews I would go with them and their mom to see "Chicken Little." We got there really early. Let them play video games and then got popcorn and a soda. It was Ben's first visit to the theatre. He asked "Where's the tables?" When I took him into the movie area, his blue eyes grew twice their size. I think he felt small, compared to all the rows of seats. He held my hand tightly. William demanded we sit up front and center. I managed to get us on the second row...but now I wish we hadn't. It would have been nice to stretch out on the front row without having the crushed feeling. When Ben sat down, the seat almost closed back up on him. I put my handbag in the seat to help weigh it down. The movie was ok...was surprised to see a 'potty' scene, where chicken l. and his friends spent an estimated 60-90 secs on 'urine' nicknames.

After the movie was over, we went straight home... it was almost 6 and the day was gone. I had to take John to an eye doctor appointment this morning. We were there an hour and a half. I had enough time to read 100 pages of a novel!!!! I told him that I felt as if I didn't get enough 'me' time this weekend, which made getting to work harder than ever.

But I dove right into my task for today. Trying to find time to connect the dots with the portions of my novel that I've already written.

No comments: