Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday's Gone

...almost!

I think the song's really called Tuesday's Gone.

As you can see, I was online last night late...doing stupid quizes. Really came on to write but no words would come.

Saturday evening was fun. Got there early. This time the tables were close to where the guys came out on stage. We could see through the curtains of the changing room, every now and then. No schlongs... I told Dena it was a blessing in a way...what if the schlongs were not as impressive outside the bun (thong). It would kill the fantasty.

There was a sister-sister act with us. Some kin of Dena's. They argued the whole freaking night, about everything from "I'm telling your husband" to "Don't tell me to slow down. I'm getting drunk if I want too." With me being sober, it was hard to ignore it.

The male strippers weren't up to standard this time. But then again, I could blame that on being sober, irritated with the bickering and distracted by the opening curtain to the dressing room. I still had fun. There was this one guy, a caramel colored and semi-sexy whose thong reminded me of a turtle shell. It was round and the seaming was obvious. I dubbed him "Turtle Cheesecake." It caught on pretty fast and our section started chanting that. He seemed to think we meant he was sweet to eat. When his dance was over, he worked the crowd. I think this is one of the few times, I've failed to keep an eye out for the crowd trollers--the bad dancers with the good bodies who work the crowds while the hot dancers are on stage. A few of them caught me unawares, so I had to tip them to get them off my lap and their cocks out of my cleavage. I didn't mind when the Turtle Cheesecake came over. I tipped him very well and he gave me a damn good show. Too bad the turtle shell had to stay on. ..heh heh...but I bet if it didn't I would have had to rename him "Turtle Brownie."

After the show, we stayed a while. A really good song came on that called me to the dance floor. When I stood up and said, "I'm going to dance," Dena gave me a strange look and replied, "But you aren't drunk." I knew she was referring to the last time when I got right tipsy. Maybe she thought that was the reason I got up and danced by myself so much. But it wasn't. After 3 years of belly dance, I'm pretty confident in not embarrassing myself on the dance floor and also confident enough not to feel the need to be plucked from wall flower status by some guy.

I'm thinking it was close to midnight when I went to the bar to get some water. Standing there was a familiar face, but I couldn't place it right away. Neither could he place me...we both kept saying "I know you from someplace." We would mention names that neither knew. At first I said names from Lumberton that I am currently in contact with. Then I thought, "Hey I'm in F-ville... " So I named a few people I know there and... bingo... we both suddenly remembered.

His name is Seth and he knew Dale who was the one who set me up with Robert--the soldier I was once so crazy about. Seth had been to a bunch of the parties Dale and her sister used to have. He is one of Robert's friends. It's been ages since I've heard any news of Robert. Dale moved to New York State and I don't keep in contact with her or her sister that much. Seth and I sat at the bar for a while, talking. He caught me up-to-date on Dale's sister and her family. He hangs out with them often. I wanted to ask about Robert. My heart was pounding. I had heard rumors that he was off on Special Forces duties in some remote country.

Seth saved me from having to break-down and ask. He began to ask if I remembered certain people from the parties Dale used to have. If I did, he would tell me what they were up too. Robert was the third person he mentioned. Seth said he was in Iraq until Nov. This was his third and final tour! After that he would be teaching at Fort Bragg , which was what he was doing when I first met him. My heart skipped a beat. I didn't let on that it mattered. We talked until Dena found me. One of the sisters was getting sick in the bathroom and we needed to get her home. Hey, she should have listened to her sister. So I said my goodbyes and we left.

I was silent on the drive home. My mind full of Robert. He made his choice years ago. But for a while last night, I spent some hours going over what might have been.

And today...I haven't. Things are different now. I'm different. So is Robert. Whatever magic we once had would be hard to recapture. Sometimes when you try to go back, you ruin what was. My heart yearns for him. I guess it always will. I can live with the yearning. Hell, if it wasn't for the yearning, I might never have started writing. A comforting thought... the magic we had lives in my words, in my poems ...I like that idea.

No comments: