Monday, July 18, 2005

Last Thursday




William and I saw Herbie Fully Loaded. We were early for the 12:30 showing. So we played video games till I ran out of quarters. There were only four of us all together, watching the movie. But first, we had to sit through 15 mins of advertisements and music. William said, "That song is long." Translation: They're playing too much music.

He did great when the movie came on. We laughed and held hands.

After the movie, we went to McDonald's for some lunch. Ate outside on the playground. When we were finishing our meal, a black boy named Jedidiah (I think that's how he spelled it) jumped over the little brick wall we were sitting beside. William said, "Ahoy there Matey." Jed said, "Huh?" I said, "He thinks you're a pirate because you're so dashing."

The boys played together. Jed's mom came out and asked if it I would keep an eye on him, I said sure. He was a cute kid. About William's height. I think a little older though. Once they bumped into each other and William said "Kay sir rah sir rah." (The Doris Day song)...which he got from me! ... I cracked up.

When it was time for Jed to leave, he shook my hand and said, "You host a great party, lady."

Like I said, he was a charming boy.

Wed of this week, I'm going with Lisa and the boys to Holden Beach for the day. It should be lots of fun. I'll have to bring my sunscreen though...don't want to flame.

No comments: