Monday, July 18, 2005

The Party Sat Night

... it was fun. Grilled chicken, hot dogs and burgers. I took a watermelon and some other fruit. Made some sweet dip to go along with the fruit. Which was goobled up fast. With it being so hot, the cool fruit was refreshing.

I actually took a dip in the pool. I don't like to go to pool parties where alcohol is served. Many of the guys let their lupine side show then. Wore a modest cobolt blue one piece suit. Had a matching sarong and a sheer top to wear with it.

Before the girls could start their "Scary Sherrie" tales, I turned the tables. I told the same stories but made different ones the 'culprit'. When they would deny it, I would say "My she doth protests too much." Wisely, the stories were dropped and when I was accosted in private about why I did what I did, I reminded them of the first rule... "What we do stays at the clubs, unless we are talking amongst ourselves." They realized I was right and apologized. I don't mind us laughing together over dinner or lunch, but when they start telling stuff to strangers who don't know me, that's when I get upset. First impressions are important and I don't want the thought of my hand on a stripper's cock to be the first thing they think of when they see me.


I've been thinking how if I hadn't of let Dena pressure me into going to the party, I wouldn't have been re-acquainted with a guy I knew in High School who is divorced and available...who was happy to see me again and whom I spent 90 % of the night talking too and who I have a dinner date with Sun night and lunch today.

His name is Tommy and he's 43. 5' 10 with green eyes and golden brown hair. A handsome guy...and Another freaking Gemini. But he does get my humor and he says he's always known I would be a writer one day. IT blew me away when he said that. He asked if I remembered a world cultures class we took together (He was a senior and I was a junior). I said I did and he told me that he loved to hear me give my presentations or projects (we had to do one each month), because I wrote with a touch of humor and made it all interesting.

He used to go to Peckers when I dated Allen and we talked about that. He met his former wife there and we talked about that. But I could tell he didn't have a lot of baggage from it. He's been divorced a few years but doesn't get out much. He said he's tired of the bar scene and wasn't going to come to the party until James, Dena's hubbie held his arm behind his back and made him say he would or he would break it (James does stuff like that..lol).

I'm glad he decided to go. I'm trying not to appear too excited over this. Don't want to jinx it but... he kissed me softly on the lips when he walked me to the car and he said "Sherrie ... Will you have dinner with me tomorrow night?" The stars were so bright. But his eyes were brighter and I said, "yes, I would love too."

We went to a cozy Italian place Sunday night. It was so romantic. We talked and laughed. He had me home by 10. Gave me a soft kiss goodnight. Then asked me to have lunch with him today. I did. It was a short one because I have so much to do.

The only thing that annoys me about him is that whenever I say or do something that catches him off guard he says, "You're different than you were in high school."

Duh... it's only been 24 years ago! Of course I'm different. He is too. I've made jokes about it, hoping he'll stop saying that. Don't confuse me with the girl I was.

No comments: