Thursday, July 21, 2005

No Bruce

Bruce Springsteen... I wanted to see him in concert this Sunday but won't be able too... No one wants to go and I don't feel comfortable enough going on my own. Too many bad things could happen.

The new guy...Tommy has been attentive all week. He's taking me to see a baseball game tomorrow and I think Sat, we're going to dinner. I thought..."hey, he might go with me to see Bruce." So I asked and he laughed. He said, "I don't like Bruce Springsteen. Nor Bob Dylan Nor Rod Steward..."(I think he said some other names) "But I'll take you to a Tim McGraw concert anytime. I like Country Music."

Strike ONE.

I don't like Country. I grew up on the classic country--Conway Twitty, Loretta Lyn, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, etc...but I can't relate to today's country music. I think its full of wanna be rock stars trying to grab the attention of today's youth.

But I would still go to a concert if he asked me to go. One makes exceptions. Hell, in 2003, I saw Mike Love's Version of the Beach Boys...if I can do that, I can go to any type of concert.

But I guess Tommy doesn't feel that way...I do know this...his saying yes and going with me to see Bruce would have caused my 'clothes to fall off faster.'

Wink..Wink..

1 comment:

Queenie said...

I do not like Bruce Springsteen, either.
But I will go with you!

:)