Thursday, July 21, 2005

Beaching

Yesterday was a blast. Though my ears are flaming red because I forgot to put sunscreen on them.

The nephews had fun. I thought William would be afraid of the water but he fooled me. He was really funny when he tried to impersonate the surfers. I told him once he learned to swim, he could get a bodyboard and ride the waves with it. I hope Lisa will let him take lessons next summer. Ben didn't like the waves at all. He wouldn't go in the water unless Lisa or I held him. I'll tell you this..he's a heavy little guy. I showed him how to make sandcastles with his bucket and he spent most of the trip trying to make a place for Spongebob Square pants to live in. He dug a hole which filled with water. I told him all he needed was a fish and it would be "Ben's Sea." He said, "Go get one" and pointed at the ocean. LOL.. the things they think I can do.

I did see some hot guys...whew... it was all I could do not to let my top fall down and say "Oops can you tie this for me?" Don't think my sister would have liked that too well. Whenever I would point out that some guy was fine, she would say "Remember, we have children with us." SOOOOO? What has that got to do with drooling in the sand?

My sunburn isn't too bad. I took John S's advice and put sunscreen on my feet...though my left big toe got neglected and it's really red today. Most of my sunburn is on my ears, the area behind them (I wore my hair up), an area on my chest and one spot on my right inner arm.

It was fun...the trip, not the sunburn. I needed a day away from this town, this job, this...everything.

No comments: