Friday, July 08, 2005

oh... yea



Just realized I failed to mention the FBI guy I know who wants(ed) to see me this weekend; the one who seeks me out between lovers.

I talked to him a few times last week. But his demeanor had changed. I knew he went out one night with some buddies and I'm betting he met someone who caught his attention. Really it didn't matter to me, I've been toying with the idea of coming up with an excuse not to meet.

He pounded the nails in that coffin, when he said in a conversation this past weekend that the title of my first poetry book was cheezy. I thought it was witty and so has everyone else. Maybe that comment was a way to put a wedge between us. I'll confess...it worked. No visit planned.

My friend John (j s) asked "and his opinion is?"

I replied, "shit."

and it is... true friendships don't hinge on whether....

No comments: