Wednesday, April 02, 2008

ya know...

I love to take a quiz.

So far it's been a crazy week. We had lots of rain and cold weather over the weekend. The drive back home Monday morning was terrible. I usually make it back to Lumberton in 40 mins but this time it took almost an hour due to heavy rain. So I was late for work.

Naturally a customer dropped by and later called to complain that we weren't open at the usual time. Sorry but I am not going to risk death just so a person can pick up a wedding pricesheet.

Monday night was rather fun--NOT... Ben picked up a stomach virus and threw up from 1 am until sometime yesterday afternoon. After the first 3 or 4 times, it became dry heaves and if you've every had those, you know know violent it can be. Your whole body is wrecked. He had them so bad I had to support his body and hold his head while he threw up. There were a few bouts of calmness, when we thought he was clear but then he would be hit again..savagely. I even cried one time because of the toll ti took on it. He would shake after them so bad that he couldn't walk. My sister couldn't get him to his doctor until after lunch...but when she did, they took him right in and fixed him up. Gave him a shot and som suppositories. Today he is much better.

But I didn't get any sleep Monday night. Had to work yesterday until 2:30 pm, then rushed to the schoolhouse to get William. I took care of him until around 6 pm. We worked on his homework. And I made supper. When I dropped him off at his house, Ben was sleeping soundly on the couch. His little body shaking once in a while. I talked to Lisa a while ago and she said he's sore and can't understand why his neck and arms hurt...and his stomach is very sore. But he's over it and I am a happy aunt.

He's convinced I have eyes in the back of my head. But that's another blog post.

I turned in early last night...at around 10:30 and slept until 9 this morning. I'm still a little tired but another early night should fix me right up.

The weather's turned around and feels more springish. Dogwood trees, pear trees and cherry blossoms are fluttering around. I love this time of the year, except the pollen. Time to pull out my flip flops and capris... and do the I love Spring dance.

No comments: