Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Enough quizes for today



I act as if I have all the time in the world to do those silly quizes.
But they're fun and mindless...and it's funny to see the results, especially when you disagree with them!

My weekend was nice. I worked Saturday and when I got off, I went home and took a good two hour nap. Al had to work until 9, so I wasn't in a hurry to get there. I think someone called... during my nap. I remember answering the phone and the person laughing at me, telling me to go back to sleep. Don't know who it was, but I assume eventually that they'll come out of the woodwork.

Got to Al's around 9:18. We hung out and talked about different things. He's always so funny. Doing crazy impressions from television shows or movies and asking me to guess where they're from. We didn't cook because I wasn't hungry. This respiratory bug has my appetite.

When I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed, Al shouted, "Look in the toothbrush holder." I did and saw a pink toothbrush beside his blue one.

I shouted back, "You've got a pink toothbrush? How girly man of you!"

"It's for you, wench. Use it or I'll spank your ass."

"You don't have a permit to do that. I suggest you apply for one this week."

(Yea our banter is silly) But the toothbrush said it all...we're back to being us. I'm not making anything out of it. Just let it be...no great expectations... if things happen, so be it. As long as it's fun and not stressful.

As for Sunday, all his buddies had other plans, so it was just us. No big Super Bowl party. We cooked and watched the game. I was sort of disappointed in it... I guess I expected more from the Seahawks, but the Steelers were too pumped up...ready to get 'The Bus' that Super Bowl trophy and ring.

I drove straight to work Monday morning. Got here a little early and did some printing. Still haven't gotten the scanner to work. I think I'll come in tomorrow and work on it while it's quiet. Today I've been trying to learn some of the new digital imaging programs, so I can diss my old one, which is causing conflicts on the new system, even with the plug-ins I downloaded.

Last night, I kept the nephews. Mom was over for a little while, during dinner. She was in the kitchen and the boys and I were in the den watching TV and talking while they had dinner. I was sipping on a diet coke. They've got this thing where as they eat, they try to see who can burp the loudest...I know.. I shouldn't encourage it but I do because they're so funny and I like to laugh with them. They always try to get me to burp but I never can...not like they do..but with that diet coke...man, I could let out some great ones. William shouted, "Sherrie Wins! Nana, Sherrie wins the burping." Mom said, "I don't think that's a good game to play, Sherrie." I guess she's right, but it felt good to be one of the 'guys' for a moment.

Tonight, I have to watch them again. Lisa has a workshop from 6-7:30. I'll take them over to her house and keep them there. Then when I get home I plan to work on the finishing touches of the magazine. I can't get the website's page builder to work on the new system. So I'm stuck with doing it at home only. In the past I've been able to work on the website at work while I print but with this system I can't. Once I get caught up on work, I need to contact the support tech for this PC and see if I can get things straightened out.

On the way to work, I put in my velcro rollers, thinking I would take them out once I parked. Well, it didn't. I forgot. As I walked by Wes' store, he was standing at the front door and yelled out, "Hey Curler Head." My luck...he would see that. Another thing for him to pick on me about. It's ok though... I've got a few things on my list for him.

1 comment:

S.S. said...

I have my pink tooth brush residing permanently in Jason's place too :)