Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Boys' toys, Boy Toys and Mrs. Robinson



Last night was a pretty good night. Got home around 5:15. Mom and Lisa were there, getting the boys in their jammies. William asked why didn't "Sherrie" do it. I said, "I'll put them on upside down." He seemed satisfied with that answer but I wondered about it myself. I'm capable of doing it, but I believe Mom and Lisa think they're helping out. So be it. The workshop was at 6, so they left shortly before.

I was briefed on what to fix for dinner: chicken noodle soup, grilled toast, spaghetti, applesauce, a cheese sandwich...and hmmm something else..I'll remember in a bit. Ben was playing on the computer. William was watching Nick Jr. "Drake and Josh." He and I played with his Batman toys. I had to be the Joker. I'm getting into playing with boy toys.

I got a pen and pad, went over to William. Wrote down "Table W" and said, "Welcome to Sherrie's Diner. May I take your order, sir?"

His eyes grew shiny and he said, "I've got to think."

I said, "Shall I tell you what the specials are for today?"

He nodded violently.

"Chicken noodle soup, Turtle toe soup, spaghetti, spaghetti and snow balls, toast, toast with snail jam, applesauce or puppysauce."

He laughed. "Turtle toe soup."

"Wait, I think we're out of that."

"Ok. Then chicken noodle soup, spaghetti, toast and applesauce."

"No, puppysauce?"

"I don't like puppies in my applesauce."

"Ok. Coming right up, sir."

Then I went to the computer room and wrote down "Table B." And said, "Welcome to Sherrie's Diner. Can I take your order?"

I went through the same menu and Ben ordered one of everything. I made supper and we watched "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody." Then made up secrets to tell each other. Lisa got done at 7 and picked them up. They left in a whirlwind of noise. When the door closed...silence was golden.

Worked on the magazine issue until 8:30. A friend dropped in unexpectedly. She's recently divorced at 46. No kids and going through an identity crisis. On her arm was arm jewelry..aka a boy toy-- a 21 yr-old stud from the local U. I thought he was her nephew and asked, "Is this your nephew Danny?"

She got flustered and said, "No, this is Tim. He's my boyfriend."

I almost fell out but managed to hide my surprise. I invited them in. Gave them some soda. (I had no alcohol and if I did, I wouldn't have given it to them. It would have encouraged a party). One thing about this friend ...is that she looks 46 or older. If you know what I mean! Her boy toy would have looked better on my arm.

During the visit, I kept mentioning things like "Sea Monkeys, Disco, Funk..." Maybe I was wrong to 'date' us but I thought I would show her that boy toys are fun but when you have to explain the era you lived through...it kind of puts a blur on things. But she didn't remember "Sea Monkeys" so I guess I wasted my time. lol

While she excused herself to visit the bathroom, her toy turned to me and said in a low voice, "Hey babe, I've got a few friends who are dying to date a mature woman...want me to hook ya up?"

I quelled the urge to laugh outright. Then declined gracefully. "No thanks. I can't step out on my man."

"I bet he don't have stamina like us younger men!"

Before I could reply, my friend came back into the room. They left shortly after. The boy toy got me to thinking... some women would jump at the chance to play "Mrs. Robinson" but not me. I don't have the time. Plus, I've done that before and it ain't all that great. It's kind of like having a living dildo... once the sex is over...there's nothing to talk about. Must be the maturity level differences.

Give me a man...who knows the roads of a woman's body, who takes their time and after the fireworks are done...we can talk about things...like the 70's... and connect on life experiences we've both had and can relate too.

I should have the mag issue up tomorrow morning. Working on some retouching today and have dance tonight. Shimmy on...

No comments: