Thursday, December 23, 2004

just some thoughts

killing time while waiting on customers to pick up those last minute photo orders...

Dad's gone somewhere.. not sure where ... doesn't matter...cuz he's driving me crazy. We had a slower than normal Christmas. Sales were okay but Dad seems to do better in spirit when we're busy. Not good for me, because I have to help him keep up with his portion of the studio and try to do mine too. I think that's partly why things were smoother this year. Since it wasn't so frantic, he could manage his affairs better.

Now last year was a different story-- after the studio was burglarized Nov 1, Dad's spirits took a big hit. Then his dog of 13 years died. He mourned that dog more than he did his own mother's death. Dad sank into a depression that had me worried. I was afraid he would do something to himself. It was all I could do to keep the studio running and keep him from finding out that I was upset over him being depressed. Someone had to stay strong. That's me...the Rock of the family. If I let on that his depression was upsetting me... I don't know what he would have done.

I kept telling him we would be ok.. the studio would carry on... and we did... we've managed to stay afloat even in this new age of digital cameras and scanners and printers that almost everyone has.

I don't know what 2005 will hold for us. Whatever happens I hope its something that will make Dad happy... he needs this place more than I do.

No comments: