Friday, December 24, 2004

Ego

The party at my sister's was really fun this year. The nephews did great--no fighting or throwing temper tantrums. They played nice and were polite. I was very proud of them.
We played a game in their bedroom for awhile. Ben said he was hungry, so I told him we would go find something to eat. Lisa had a load of food on the kitchen table. I walked behind him into the den and sitting there was a face I haven't seen in ages... a guy I went to high school with... Steve Grimsley. I stopped short and said, "Grimsley!!!" He stood up and said, "I was wondering where you were." We hugged and talked for a second.

He's one of my brother-in-law's friends. I think they fish or hunt together. Anyway... I suddenly felt a knife in my back so to speak. I turned around and sitting on the couch was a girl who gave me such a look I knew... that she must be his girlfriend. I smiled and said hi...and pointed out that we went to school together years ago. I could tell she wasn't very happy about me talking to him, so I smiled at him and excused myself.

Got Ben something to eat and with me guiding him through the maze of people in the den, we made it back to the bedroom to play some more... a few mins later, Steve appears and we chat for awhile. He told me I needed to get busy so I could have a few of my own... he meant kids. I laughed at that and told him it was way too late for me...I made a silly joke and he laughed. Can't even remember what I said... but there she was...the girlfriend in the doorway, shooting darts at me with her eyes.

I'll confess I'm a flirt but I don't flirt with guys who have girlfriends with them. And well, Steve's an old friend. I remember him sleeping in biology and copying my notes during lunch. He drooled. lol.. sorry but that kind of spoils things.

I was relieved to see them go.

My brother-in-law Randy cracked me up once. He told me that he was going to have a picture made of himself to give to me as a Christmas present but his ego wouldn't fit in the picture.

Tomorrow will be a very busy day... so I better log outta here and get some rest. Merry Christmas.

No comments: