Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

I'm at work...waiting on a client to come get her order. Then I'm heading home to help get ready for tonight. Lisa, my sister has a family party. Its a strange mix of her in-laws and us. The nephews are very excited. We sang Christmas carols all morning. I should hook up the webcam and make a singing video of us.

Last night after work I had to go get a final present--DVD of harry potter 3 for my sister. Drove by a few auto accidents. Luckily none were serious. The last one I passed was a 3 car bump up. And the one that caused the accident was my almost 'in-laws.' Charles my ex-fiance's parents. I didn't stop. They looked unhurt. I bet Susan was driving. She's prone to accidents. It was strange seeing them. I keep thinking how I was lucky enough to get out of that situation before I did the vows.

I bet at 44, Charles still hasn't cut those apron strings. I heard he was a manager of a Sears in the RDU area. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Susan told me 5 yrs ago that C was credit manager of an auto dealership and I found out later he was just a lowly salesman. Embellishing him won't make the package appealing, Sue. lol

When I think of him, I think of the day that he added the last nail in the coffin of our relationship...hell, it will be 10 yrs ago this January!!!! A cold Sunday... at his condo on the beach. I'm doing dishes and he is watching TV when suddenly he decides to go for a walk to the pier. Something he never does--even in the summer. I was going to go but he talked me out of it. So when he gets back I hug him so he'll get warm and I smell marijuana on his skin. I pull away and say "What do you have to tell me that you had to get high so you could say it?"

Long story short... he had been dating a woman for 2 weeks and now wanted to break up. Mind you... he saw her behind my back because he wasn't sure she was the one to break up with me over. During those 2 weeks, he sent me roses and cards professing his love. I threw a glass of OJ at him. A perfect pitch aimed at a spot above his head. I laugh now because he thought I meant to hit him and missed.. no I meant to hit the spot above his head and I did.

I cried as I got my stuff together. When I left, I said, "One day you'll be on your knees in front of me crying and begging me to come back." And... I was right... 4 months later he came to town to visit his aunt and called me, saying he had some stuff of mine he wanted to return. I got my stuff and he grabbed my free hand, got on his knees and professed his love, saying he missed me and there was no one like me, etc. He cried and pleaded and I turned away...and left.

No regrets. He hasn't called in a few years. I guess he got that last hint..that I was busy for the rest of my life and didn't have time to talk.

The choices we make that shape us into who we are... I learned that I could be loyal through anything when I dated him. I also learned that you can take a man from his mamma only if she cuts the apron strings...and she never did.

I should send him a thank you card...he's the one who taught me about dirty sex...about exploring the nasty girl side of me... and in that process I became a wanton woman. lol... I made him feel like a sex God and I guess he thought he should share that with others... only to find out that they didn't feel the same. He had 'short' cummings... if you know what I mean. He's the one who had me convinced that 4 inches was really 7. lmao

Damn didn't mean to go off a C tanget.

Tomorrow we'll go to my mom's fiance's house for Xmas...have brunch and exchange presents...then its off to my Aunt Shirley's house (dad's sister)... then at 7 I think I'm going out for a drink with an old friend who is in town for Xmas. He's a strange bird... believes that we're hurting the whales--causing them to go deaf with all the jet skies and motor boats in the ocean. He has other philosophies that are unique and I confess I love to talk to him. He once told me that if he were sane, he would marry me. lol...course that's impossible... I don't love him but he doesn't take that into consideration... its his sanity that's the issue to him.

maybe we're all a little crazy in our own ways...

Merry Holidays to all...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to dance naked in the dark. Is that insane, Lovely Lady?