Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wildfire

I left work early yesterday...around 4:30 and before I could get out of town, 3 fire trucks raced pasted me heading towards Alamac Road. I thought it was an accident. Never considered that the wildfire we had a week or so ago had rekindled.

As I got closer to home I could see a huge cloud of smoke. About half a mile from my house, I pulled over to let 2 more firetrucks, a state trooper and a forestry truck loaded with long ladders rush past me.

I estimate that I was about 2 miles from the fire. Here's the article. Though on an update, they've gotten it under control. Mom and I sat outside until dark, watching the helicopters fly overhead with water. Trying to contain the fire.

Mom suggestedt that we get stuff together, just incase the fire races our way. But I didn't think it would get that far, because it had a huge intersection to cross and a lot of mobile homes to eat first.

I didn't see any huge smoke clouds this morning and was thankful that prayers had been answered.

1 comment:

Um Naief said...

too many fires lately. if it's not one thing, it's another. saw on the news the other day about all the fires, and how the animals were retreating, and all the animals that had been killed.

can't imagine the human death toll... but at least they have a fighting chance.