Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday

Seems like it was just here a week ago!

School started today. The boys were getting bored. Being back in a routine will be good for them. I dread all the homework William will bring home this year.

I worked for a while Saturday. Didn't get to Al's until around 3:30 or so. He was in a blah mood all weekend. I think his lawsuit against the woman who totaled his car isn't going all that great. Seems his health insurance company screwed him over and won't pay some of the medical bills he incurred. About $7000 worth! He didn't want to talk about it to me. Instead he went into his cave and was quiet most of the weekend. I didn't try to force him to talk. He always comes to me when he's ready to vocalize, so I kept myself busy ...after all, I had Sudoku.

This morning as I tried to get on the road in time to allow a stop at the gas station and a stop at BK for some coffee, he decides to talk about things. I wanted to pull his ears off because he decides to talk at the worst possible time. But I stopped and listened and gave him comfort and encouraging words. (Do you think there were enough 'and's in that sentence?)

As I was leaving, he gave me a huge hug, kiss and said, "You're the only person I can count on, Sherrie. I love you."

It took my breath away, because he doesn't say that often.

In the past, I tried to fix his problems even when I knew he had to do it himself. Now, I know I can't fix them and I don't force the issue. I'm there to listen and if I can help, I will.

Anyways... Monday is here. Hot and humid... and so begins another week.

No comments: