Monday, August 06, 2007

Ketchup and Salt

But Sunday was pleasant. My siblings and I took my dad out to dinner. We ate at the Cracker Barrel. Al drove down this weekend, since I couldn't be there. Lisa and her family were 20 minutes late. I think from now on, I'm going to add 30 mins to any time she says she'll meet me. Then she'll be ontime and we won't have to wait so long.

William sat beside me while Al sat on the other side. Ben almost cried because he wanted to sit with me too. After he finished eating, he came over and stood beside my chair, talking to me and Al.

Al told him " I think with some ketchup and salt, you would make a perfect snack. You better not stand close to a ketchup bottle, if I get hungry later." Ben thought he was serious. I laughed, especially when William asked for more ketchup and I put the bottle on the table beside Ben. He ran away and said, "Move it Aunt Sherrie. Alwin is gonna eat me."

Neither he or William would eat their steak fries. I saw that Al had ordered some too and told them "Guys, if you eat your fries, you'll grow moustaches like Allen's." They ate them and ate what Al didn't eat. Later William asked if he had any hair over his lip yet.

Everyone had a nice dinner. The waitress even sang for us. I felt very close to my family. Glad that we could make Dad forget his troubles for a while and enjoy himself.

No comments: