Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Change and other odds and ends...

Have you ever felt change coming your way? Sure there are ways to avoid it but there are times when you can't. Change can be good.

Change is coming my way. I feel this deep within me and I am excited. There are moments when you wish you had a new path to take. There are moments when you have a new path to take but can't, for whatever reason. But for me, I know I will take the new path. Everyone needs to grow, to thrive to become the best they can.

It is time for me to do this. For myself. Not for others.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yesterday I left some yahoo groups I've been a member of for a thousand years. I even deleted a few of my smaller ones. I don't write as much as I used too, but I hope to become more active in a few of the ones I really love....like my starry starry night journal. It was the first place I could write what I felt and not worry about upsetting others, because as a journal it was only mine...mine alone. Time to return to my roots.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In about a week and a half, I'm going to see one of my online pals who moved closer to me a few years ago. Lady BJ. She lives in Wilmington. I visited her a few times in the past and she's come to see me too. But we both got involved with relationships and let them keep us from sharing good times. She likes to write and paint, too. So we're going to compare art and writings. Of course do some shopping, as well as hitting the beach. Ah the life...and I could use the time off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dad seems to be doing better. So far no smoking. He's still eating little debbie cakes for breakfast and for lunch, he's been eating potato chips. I keep stressing that he should get some fruit. I know he's going to fall back into the old habits because he's feeling a lot beter. But I hate to see it happen. Maybe his guardian angel can continue to keep him safe.

~~ ~ ~ ~

1 comment:

Um Naief said...

i like change as well... altho at times it can be a scary thing to think about.

sounds like it's the right thing to go back to your roots. i love journaling and used to have an online journal years ago, but gave it up. i have the stored stuff some place.... if only i knew where.

i hope your dad continues to do well. my FIL is diabetic and he tends to do the same. he'll have an episode and then get it better, then starts on the same road of doing bad things... eating bad stuff.