Friday, August 24, 2007



I am addicted to Sudoku. In fact, I've been trying cut back. For a while I wouldn't go to sleep until I ran into a sudoku that stumped me. Sometimes it would take 8 to 10 puzzles and an hour or so before that happened. Allen teased me about loving sudoku more than I did him, so I stopped doing them at his house.

Last weekend, he had a present for me. A giant sudoku book of over 300 puzzles. I was amazed. I said, "Well, I'm trying to cut back. Thanks anyway." I resisted the urge to do a few.

When he called last night to check on me, I asked if we had any big plans for the weekend. He said, "I plan to watch football games. But I need to check and see who's playing."

"But...we didn't do much last weekend. You were too sick to go anywhere." I was really disappointed.

He said, "You've got a new sudoku book. That should keep you busy."

The reason for his gift was suddenly apparent.

No comments: