Thursday, August 16, 2007

Some Country Music Song Titles...

Readers of New York magazine were asked to invent country-song titles. Here are some entries:

- Ain't No Trash In My Trailer Since The Night I Threw You Out

- You Wanted To Get Hitched, But My Heart Is Filled With Whoa

- Baked My Sweetie A Pie, But He Left With A Tart

- I Lost My Honey Bunny On A Bad Hare Day

- She Chews Tobacco, But She Didn't Choose Me

- The Peach I Picked In Georgia Didn't Cling To Me For Long

- Don't Want That Floozy In My Jacuzzi

- I Found The Recipe For Heartbreak In A Cookbook On Your Shelf

- Now That We're Miserable, I Hope You're Happy

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I for one do not care much for Country music. Give me some good ole Rock and Roll, baby. But my sister loves Country. She made me listen to it when we drove up to Chapel Hill when Dad was there. I remember one song that made me cry..it was about 17 video cassettes that a father made, because he knew he was gonna die before his son was born. How sad...and after that I toned the other songs out... except the one Reba made with Kelly Clarkson or whatever her name is. Reba blew her out... Kelly sounded like a backup singer.

Anyways...on with the show.

No comments: