Friday, September 05, 2008

Hanna ..not Hannah Montana

We're geared up for Hanna to hit us. Looking at the projected path, it doesn't matter if it hits NC or SC, I'll be getting some of it.

It's been since 2004 since we've had a Hurricane... or even a tropical storm. And none were damaging to my area. Course the coast is a different story. Sunset Beach is practically eroded away. And this storm has 25 feet waves accompanying it.

According to the gas station lady (I stopped to fill up the truck before coming into work), not many are rushing to fill up their tanks. I figured a mad rush will happen after 4 pm today. Many of the schools and a lot of businesses are closing up early. Which reminds me...I need to drop by the bank in a while.

I helped some of the elderly neighbors secure items around their houses yesterday and this morning. And will go around and make sure they've got plenty of water and stuff to eat. Most do but not always the stuff that you need during or after storms...like canned items, water and snacks that you don't have to heat up if the electricity is down.

I'm stocked with batteries and have plenty of reading material and candles. So...if the worse happens I'm ready and if the storm blows itself out before it hits me... all the better.

So enjoy your weekend and be safe.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Good luck with Hanna, hon... I know we're supposed to get some rain up here this weekend from it, but I'm sure it won't be nothing compared to what you might get socked with... stay dry! :)