Friday, September 19, 2008

Awakening

I've been who I am for so long that I forgot who I once was, many many years ago. Been contemplating this tonight... our feet..where they take us, the roads we travel--some never to be forgotten, others never noticed.

One would think that I wouldn't be where I am today, if I had followed the blatant path before me so very long ago. But a side road took me away and through many twisting turns and hills and valleys, I blossomed. I grew strong under sunlight, yielding under rain and deep rooted to withstand violent wind.

Paths, forks, side roads...each taking us to different worlds, places, people... during my travels, I barely look at the destination. Although I am conscious of the direction. And often times choose a scenic view. And when I look back, I forget how difficult the road might have been in becoming who I am today.

I'm just glad I'm me.

No comments: