Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Finally.... again

I apologize for not being around or making rounds to the blogs I read and whose owners read here...but.... (always a big but but luckily for me not a big butt)...Work's been hectic lately. I've taken in so much work--all referrals. I don't know if I can continue at this pace without hiring someone to answer the phone...wait...that's one way to get Dad to do more...threaten to hire a secretary. The only reason I'm blogging now is because I ran out of supplies for the printer. They're due in at noon tomorrow. So I thought I would take a moment to write.

The magazine issue is up and so far I've gotten good reviews from people who take the time to email me. My DJ friend Jeff wrote that even if it's late, it's always worth the wait. That made me feel better about not having it up sooner. Knowing he liked it...well that added a bonus to my day. I noticed on the hidden counters I have on the magazine that most guys are heading for the NCAA page...right John?

William's little poem/essay seems to be popular. He cracked me up Friday night, because he wanted to stay up late and play. I told him that if he went to sleep I would meet him in his dreams and we would play baseball. He said, "No...in our dreams let's look at the Number 5 and then shave the hair off of some clowns' backs."

I said, "Shave the hair off of some clowns' backs???"

He said, "Ok, just one clown." lol

Where he got that from...I have no idea! Ok.. probably from me.

I don't know why I thought Granny's birthday was last Sunday. It's the 19...this coming Sunday. My Uncle and his family are going too. Mom wants to cook a lot of food and take it. I say let everyone take something. I know Mom...she'll put it all on me and I don't want to spend Sat night and early Sunday morning doing all the cooking. Granny will be surprised and I plan to take a lot of pictures.

Went to Al's this weekend. It was great as usual. Though he wasn't feeling great so we canceled a dinner party whe had planned. Instead we watched th ACC tourney. He was very upset that a 'Yankee' team (Boston college) beat UNC. And on Sunday's game ..Duke Vs Boston, he pulled for Duke ONLY because he didn't want a "Yankee" team to win the ACC championship. I laughed. Talk about Southern prejudice! So the Big Dance begins tonight and I guess I'll keep up with it, because I know he'll want to discuss the games he's watching.

I pampered him quite a bit. He kept calling me over to where he sat on the couch Saturday night, so I could give him little kisses. At times I am so afraid I'll wake up and this will have been a dream. I love him so much. It feels good to know that love's given back with the same intensity. How people settle for a lukewarm relationship...it amazes me. I guess when you don't know what you're missing... you don't miss it.

We caught a great show on the Discovery channel Sunday night--it was about Blackbeard. I guess we're both a bit obsessed about him, since he had a home in Bath and raided the Outerbank's water's during the early 1700's. The guy who played Mark Anthony on the HBO series Rome, played Blackbeard. He did a great job.

I'm going tonight to get my new first rate fishing pole. My plan is to fish this summer. Mainly at the beach...and in the surf. I don't care much for pier fishing. I believe aliens live there.

To those of you who are wondering why I haven't emailed or IMed...I promise to do so tonight or tomorrow morning.

I love you, guys...

No comments: