Friday, March 16, 2007

Music

I've been listening to songs in my head. Ever done that? Have a songlist that your brain picks out and plays it over and over, no matter what you do you can't stop hearing it????

That's the way my day's been today.
The list is:

1) The I Dream of Jeanie theme song.
2) "Insane in the Membrane"
3) I want Candy
4) Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina...in the morning...
5) We're not the Jetset... (from the Chevy commerical)

There are a few others but at the moment they seem to be off the list, so I'm not going to press my luck and mention them...my brain may hear and start playing them again.

Maybe my sinus meds are causing this... hell, I don't know. This crazy hazy weather we're having isn't helping any. Cool at night, warm during the day and rainy..today.

This week has been very busy. I've got a million photo orders to restore or touch up. A good thing..every time I think of finding other work, I get a mass mob bringing me orders, telling me that someone referred them. I know I'm good at what I do and if I were in a different area, I could charge a whole heap more for my work. But I'm not..I'm still in L'ton and there's no plan to move anytime soon. Though I know Al would love it if I did make it over to Fayetteville. I probably would be happier in some ways..but in many I would miss my boys.

Was talking to Sam yesterday. Haven't talked much to him in ages. In fact, when we do talk it's ususally for a few minutes--hit and runs I call them. He mentioned that an old online friend from the yahoo groups we write in, joined myspace and wrote to him. She said she had written a few times and I failed to reply. At first I denied not replying, then I remembered that maybe I didn't. Sometimes life gets in the way. I don't email as much as I once did. Nor do I chat much, just as King John. When I get online at work, I usually download photos emailed to me and other things work-related. I check my email. Log on messenger when I have time to chat. Which hasn't been often lately. In fact, the thing's off now.

The past year, I've found that my online habits have changed. I don't log on after work much at all. I don't write poetry like I did. Nor do I blog as much as I once felt driven to do. I don't email everyone in my address book. Sometimes I forget to reply to emails. It's not that I don't care for that person, it's just that I feel overwhelmed with what I should write. I've drifted to a more private era/area and I know I'm shutting out friends who care but I can't help it. The Scorpio side of me deems that I do this.

So if I haven't been writing here much and if you're one of the ones I've always emailed once or twice a week, please forgive me. I don't mean to ignore you. Maybe one day soon, I'll break free of this shell I've woven around myself.

1 comment:

John said...

Count your blessings. At least you don't listen to Radio Disney on your way to work and get those songs stuck in your head. If you haven't listened to it, you have no idea how nasty it can be, and then to have it stuck in your head all day....it just gets worse.