Monday, March 26, 2007

It Ain't Easy Bein' Sneezy!

I have one word for today:

Pollen.

Say it over and over...

Everything is a yukky color of yellow. When I woke up Sunday morning, I knew it was springtime. My head was so stuffy. My eyes burning and puffy. My nose sneezy. And of course there is no rain in sight to wash it away.

The UNC Tarheels mascot died today. He was involved in a traffic accident. An SUV hit him while he was walking. So not only do the Tarheels have to contend with losing Sunday's game. They suffer this loss too.

Speaking of the game, I have to say I knew UNC was gonna lose, but I didn't tell Al. After the game, he sat in stunned silence. Shocked and then angry about the Tarheels losing--their own faulk. Georgetown outplayed them. But I didn't say much. Only that I was sorry they lost. He went outside and tried to trim his hedge in the dark. When he came back in, I heard him mumbling a few times about UNC losing. So I went into the kitchen and cooked him a cake. I think that eased some of his pain.

The weekend wasn't too bad, inspite of UNC losing and me slowly being murdered by pollen.

No comments: