Thursday, January 25, 2007

Today is...

Thursday...

I thought it was Friday, imagine my surprise when I realized I was... WRONG.
Been fairly busy this week with restorations. Did drive up to see Al Tuesday after work. We cooked some beef short ribs and enjoyed a few games of Rummy while waiting for the Cash and Treasure show to come on the Travel Channel. We're both addicted to that show. I bet we've planned 10 vacations based on places to find gems and other goodies. Just for the adventure.

William's home sick. His teacher called Lisa yesterday and said he had a high fever. I kept him last night and this morning it was down some. My brother's watching him. William's a Disney channel freak. His favor parts of it are the videos from the movies like "High School Musical" and "Jump it" or whatever the name is.. actually I have to say the videos are very lively. Usually William jumps around and tries to do the dances but last night he didn't. I knew then that he was a sick boy.

To cheer him up this morning I made green pancakes. His favorite color. Which made me think of crepes. I had a recipe for crepes once. A real simple one and can't find it now. I'm thinking of making some this weekend for Al.

Had a strange thing to happen... a call from an old flame. Guess who? Robert--the GI. I swear, threw me off when I heard his voice and for the first time, I didn't feel anything, other than relief that he was alive. He's back at Bragg, teaching. And wanted to pick up where we left off. Funny how he forgot that he ended things because I was a "distraction to his Army career." I really didn't have much to say to him. He gave me his email address, his phone numbers--made me write them down and call them back to him a few times. We hung up and that was that...

then I realized I didn't tell him I was dating Al again. I think the shock of hearing from him froze my brain. Al and I have talked about some of the people we saw while apart. I mentioned Robert to him but never really told him everything. Do I tell him about Robert calling? I don't know ...maybe. This morning I tried to throw away his info, but put the paper in my jewelry box.

It's not that I'm going to contact him... it's ..well... hmmm... on the chance something happens with Al and me... I think you can figure out the rest.

1 comment:

Jo said...

When your life is so busy that you think friday has arrived and it really has not... it is time to step back and check just whos' slack you are picking up...