Monday, December 12, 2005

Shopping and... the Police

Went to a party Sat night...was a nice Christmas party---lots of garland, pretty ribbons, mistletoe and too much alcohol. I stuck with the punch, since I was driving. There was a DJ. He played a good mix of music--beach, a little country, but mostly dance. The "Hens" were there and we hung out a bit. I got tired of hearing the "Scary Sherrie" stories, so I mingled outside with the smokers until my toes froze off.

The smokers were banished outdoors. I was amazed at how they battled the chilly wind to smoke a cigarette. The trouble with banishing smokers outside is that as they drink, they get louder...as they get louder, they disturb the neighbors...who in turn call the hostess to complain...who then comes outside to say "Shhhhh" in a very meek voice. Do the smokers listen? Hell no...they're stuffing their faces with food and alcohol. And they get louder... Guess who arrives?

The police... So the party broke up at midnight and I was home shortly after.

Sunday I got up early and did most of my shopping. I still have two gifts to get and I'm done...and believe me I'll be doing the happy dance.

Sunday night, I made my butterscotch candies and dipped pretzel rods in chocolate and then rolled them in nuts. Later this week I'll start my cookie baking. The following week, I'll work on cakes and a pecan pie I promised out.

I'm geared up for the holidays...

1 comment:

Jo said...

butterscotch candies and dipped pretzel rods .......

recipes please...

Jo :)