Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday Update...

................................sorta....

I'm covered in work... it seems this isn't going to end until after June 13...or when schools out, what ever date that is.

Our digital system has made it easier on our pocketbook strings while it's put extra work on me. Not only am I restoring and printing old photos and copy orders, I'm having to deal with correcting dad's digital errors. Talk about a pain in the ass. It would be a lot easier on me if he took creative critism well. He thinks I'm attacking his photo skills when I tell him that he's framing too tightly or that he's getting flashbacks on his copies... it's like dealing with an ego bigger than the state of Texas. I don't have time to treat him with kid gloves (handle him delicately).

Sat night we took Prom photos at the studio until almost 10. I was worn out. Teens today aren't like the teens of my era...some of these teens today have little respect for adults. One girl's name was Kevita. But when she said it, I thought she said "Aviva." That's how I spelled it...and she went off on me. By this time, I had been at it for 9 hours and I said, "honey, If you would speak clearly and without gum in your mouth and put down that cell phone, maybe I would have gotten it right the first time." Her mom was standing behind her and said, "You heard the lady. Get off that cell phone and act like you've got sense."

I would prefer if she acted like she had 'cents.' lol

Got to Al's at 11:30 pm Sat night...about the same time he got in from work. He looked so exhausted. His pressure washing and cleaning business is taking off. Before work and on his days off, he's been extremely busy, putting in as much as 16 to 18 hours a day of working at both. When we went in the house, I told him to strip to his underwear and to lie down--that I would give him a massage...it lasted 3 hours! I covered his whole body--even though I was exhausted, I knew he would rest better once the kinks were out of his muscles...and it worked. He took a shower and got his second wind... though I was tired, I found the energy for an hour and half of smothering sex. Yes, that massage was well worth it.

Except he had me up at 8 am... I thought I wouldn't be able to make it up...after only 3 hours of sleep. We went to one of his job sites to remove some trash out of a storage building. Took a few hours to do, because there was more than what the owner told Al. After dropping the stuff off at the dump, I went to the grocery store that Al works at and prompty got lost going back to his place. It was raining and I took the wrong turn. Found my way back after an hour--he's only 15 mins from his work place.

We had some friends over for dinner. It was fun but I was so tired. Both Al and I went to bed really early.

Yesterday at work, I was almost overwhelmed by the amount of work I had sitting on my desk. Dad had piled some orders that needed cropping and color balancing. They are rush jobs and I spent all day messing with them.

I haven't had time to email a few of my daily email pals. I should... but I knew if I did, I wouldn't be getting around to blogging. There's always cut and paste for those that don't read here or even know about this place... it's not that I have secrets...there are times I want to post my private thoughts without worrying about what those close to me think. We all need a dumping ground and I would be horrified and embarrassed if a few of my close online friends read here.

No comments: